Recipe taken from USA - Beef Org
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 4 Flat Iron Steaks
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tablespoons prepared minced roasted garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, orange slices and pine nuts (optional)
- Arrange bell peppers skin side up on a large sheet of aluminium foil. Place on broiler rack so the surface of peppers is 7 to 10 cm from heat. Broil 12 to 15 minutes or until skin is blackened. Fold aluminium foil over peppers to enclose. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon garlic and black pepper in a small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a ridged grill pan or large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 14 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to a serving platter, season with salt, as desired. Keep warm.
- Remove and discard blackened skins from peppers. Place peppers, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in blender or food processor container. Add tomatoes, cilantro, pine nuts, orange juice and orange peel. Cover; pulse on and off until pureed.
- Spoon some sauce over steaks; serve remaining sauce with steaks. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, orange slices and pine nuts, if desired.