1 pack Meat Me At Home Iberico Pork Cheeks
3 lugs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Celery stalks
2 Bay leaves
Dash of Smoked paprika
2 tablespoons flour
250ml Red wine
250ml Beef or Veal stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the cheeks with a couple of lugs of EVO.
- Take the cheeks out of the pan.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, thyme and bay leaf to the pan.
- Fry that up for a couple of minutes and then return the cheeks to the pan.
- Add smoked paprika and a couple of spoonfuls of flour to make a roux.
- Add some red wine and some beef or veal stock
- Simmer on the stovetop for about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, take the cheeks out of the pan, bring the liquid back to a boil to reduce liquid to half the amount.
- Take out or leave the vegetables in the sauce to serve and add salt and pepper to taste.