Easy Pork Belly Sukiyaki with a fry pan by Chef Suzuki-san
Ingredients for 2 people:
Pork Belly slices: 200g
A dash of oil
Spring Onions: 50g
Chinese Cabbage: 160g
Brown Mushrooms: 2 mushrooms
Instant Ramen: 1 pack
A bit of pepper
White Wine: 50ml
Soy Sauce: 100ml
- Clean the vegetables and cut them in thin slices
- Prepare the sauce and set aside.
- Heat the frying pan with oil.
- Sear the onions, the spring onions and the pork belly slices until golden.
- Set apart the pork belly.
- Add the sauce.
- Add the Chinese cabbage, the carrots, the brown mushrooms, and the tofu.
- Add the pork belly, cover with a lid and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Rest and add at the end the rocket.
- Dip in the egg and eat. You can heat the egg in a microwave oven for 20 to 30 seconds should you not want to eat it raw.
- You can use what is left of your sukiyaki sauce to make instant ramen in the frying pan. Add pepper and enjoy (if there is not enough sauce left, you can add water and soy sauce)
- Searing the onions and the meat releases great aromas.
- Do not simmer the meat for too long (if simmered for too long it will become tough)
- One of the characteristics of the sukiyaki is that the umami of the meat will pass on to the vegetables.
- Any leftover sauce can be used as a soup with meat and vegetables, and it is delicious to make ramen with it.
- The rocket looks like a chrysanthemum and is delicious.